Protecting Pets From Cold Weather
We love our pets and always want to keep them safe, especially during the colder months. Check out these tips to prevent danger to your animals from the cold weather.
1. Keep your home humidified and dry your pet as soon as he comes inside. This will prevent itchy and flaky skin.
2. If your pet has a longer coat, never shave them down to skin. Trim their hair as to prevent snow and chemicals from sticking to them. If your pet has short hair, get them a coat or sweater to help keep them warm.
3. Limit the amount of baths you give to your pet. Washing too often can remove essential oils and cause dry and flaky skin.
4. Ensure your vehicle is not leaking antifreeze and any spills have been cleaned up. Antifreeze is a lethal poison for dogs and cats.
5. If it’s too cold for you to go outside, it’s probably too cold for your pets to go outside as well.
Want more information to keep your pets safe, check out www.aspca.org.
For more information about Olson Development LLC, give us a call at (203) 972-7722, or visit us at www.olsondevelopmentllc.com.